My love of anything having to do with dolls and dollhouses started long before I became a serious doll collector. As children, dolls are our playmates, our best friends, and (in the dark of the night) sometimes our protectors. This web page is a place for me to share with other doll lovers of all ages, the dolls I have spent my whole life collecting. Make sure to click the "Older Posts" button at the bottom of the page in order to see the whole collection.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

One of My More Unusual Dolls








I didn't even know there was such a thing as a centaur doll until I found this one for sale on the internet. Isn't he gorgeous? This was the first time I bought a doll that I had to paint the face and body myself from scratch. I was so nervous he wouldn't turn out because he had white skin instead of flesh colored. The features have to be subtle but not too pale. It was tricky but he came out beautifully in the end. Don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. I must ask where you managed to find a doll like this online, I've searched but can never find any .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this particular doll from the Soul Doll company. Here is the link:

    http://www.souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1678

    Unfortunately, it looks like they may be sold out at the moment. :(

    Trying doing a Google search for "Centaur Ball and Join Dolls" and see what comes up. Special edition dolls like this usually sell for only a limited time. You have to be in the right place at the right time and buy it up quick when you find one.

    ReplyDelete