My love of anything having to do with dolls and dollhouses started long before I became a serious doll collector. As children, dolls are our playmates, our best friends, and (in the dark of the night) sometimes our protectors. This web page is a place for me to share with other doll lovers of all ages, the dolls I have spent my whole life collecting. Make sure to click the "Older Posts" button at the bottom of the page in order to see the whole collection.

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Collection

If there is one thing I have learned about doll collectors it’s that everyone has his or her own preferences as to what kind of dolls they like to collect. Some people only collect Barbies or vinyl dolls, others only collect dolls that are babies or toddlers. I tend to favor contemporary dolls that look more mature. I only have two dolls in my collection that are not adults and both of them are young girls not babies. Adult dolls are harder to find and I enjoy the challenge. I also tend to buy fantasy dolls. Sorceresses, fairies, princesses, elves, mermaids, I own them all. I even own a centaur doll! All I need now is a faun doll and my collection will be complete—maybe. I like to have a variety of hair and dress colors so that none of my dolls look too much alike. (Believe it or not, I have dolls with green and pink hair and one with blue skin.) I’ve spent a great deal of time hunting down dolls of different nationalities and skin colors as well. Every time I think my collection is complete, I see a new doll I must have. But then, what is life without a few surprises to look forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment